Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/10

Learned something about myself last night. Something about going back into the past.

Several years ago, I wrote a block of songs about a life experience of mine (throat cancer). Maybe 5 years ago, I had an opportunity to record those songs in Tokyo. After I released the CD, we performed those songs throughout Japan for about a year. By that time, I just didn't want to have anymore to do with those songs.

Was informed a couple of weeks ago that I would need to do those songs for a gig last  because we were being video taped for TV in Japan. I felt kind of irritated for 2 weeks about the gig. Didn't want to rehearse the band. Haha..even lost the music (my copy) 2 days before the gig. Got to the club last for the soundcheck/rehearsal. Wow...talking about avoidance!

My point is I don't like to go backward. I want to live now, experiencing this moment and creating something based off of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment