Monday, February 15, 2010

"Leading From the Back of the Room"



While reading Derek Sivers' blog yesterday, I was amazed at his presentation on leadership. Recently, he gave a talk at the TED 2010 Conference and received a standing ovation for his presentation.

His comments reminded me of a book, "The Tao of Leadership", that I started reading back in the 1980's when I was living in Washington, D.C.  I say, started reading, because it's one of those books you never actually completely finish. A book I can read over and over. This is one of those books that I like to read at least 1-2 times a year. As my life changes, my perspective about the book is always in flux.

Many years ago, I read a reveiw of "The Tao of Leadership" by Dr. John Hanley (Lifespring). Hanley stated that the taoist style of leadership (explained in the book) is to "lead from the back of the room."






No comments:

Post a Comment