Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10

Got this great email newsletter Lateral Action

"You don’t try. That’s very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more."

Charles Bukowski

“Don’t Try” - Charles Bukowski’s Advice to Creators - Lateral Action Newsletter

This has been one of the most difficult things for me over the years in sports, music and business. I can remember my coaches always saying, "Don't try so hard!" Seems like "trying" has always choked off the flow for me. Reminds me of the ideas in Zen and also some of Deepak Chopra's writings. There is always this idea of detachment that play's a huge role in one's development. I feel like I'm always walking a fine line of "caring too much" (trying too hard) and having an attitude of not caring (detachment). It's when I do have a feeling of detachment or I'm distracted by something that I feel most creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment