Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 3

Books/Magazines
I couldn't stop myself. Went to the cafe at the Shirokanedai Book-Off and ended up picking up a couple of books and 3 magazines. Work has been slow and money low but couldn't resist spending ¥1000 for these things.


A look further into the "transhumanist" movement and beyond into "posthumanism". "Posthumanism?" Yes, it seems as though there are millions of dollars being pumped into think tanks, university research departments, etc studying the period after humans have been completely genetically altered and/or merged with machines/computers. Sounds crazy? Yep. I thought so too. But, the more I check into this, the more real it gets. Went to see "Terminator 4" a couple of days ago and I just read some things in Cyborg that were identical to things I saw in the "predictive programming" in the movie.


"We are told almost daily and from many sources that it is impossible for human beings to direct their common life intelligently."
John Dewey - Experience and Education (pg 100)


Wow! Isn't that nice? And I grew up thinking John Dewey was a guru in the American education system. For more info on the background of the education "system" that was installed by corporate America, click on the links below for a shocking interview with John Taylor Gatto.

John Gatto Interview with Alex Jones


John Gatto Interview with Alex Jones (part 2)



I've been having some trouble with night photos. As I scanned this book, I quickly saw a couple of things that I think will help me out with my technique.


Found a few really good helpful bits of information as I read this on the train going home from the store. Great magazine!


Some great articles on yoga. The photography and lay-out of the magazine is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment