Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16

Reading/Newsletters

Catching up on newsletter reading today. First thing I ran into was this story about a biomass-eating robot being created for the Pentagon and D.A.R.P.A. by Robot Technology Inc. After seeing my first "Terminator" film last week and also Transformers, I'm not surprised. Couldn't believe how "out in the open" they were in those movies about the "predictive programming."
New Military Robots Could Feed On Corpes
Gizmodo
Killer Military Robots
Robot Technology, Inc Official Website
Robot Technology, Inc Official Website EATR Project
Intelligent/Manless Vehicle Project
United Nations TV
Cell Magazine
NASA-Wide Awake in the Sea of Tranquillity
Lenswork Podcast #544
When There Is Nothing Left To Prove

MixLine
RAND News letter
Ray Kurweil Newsletter
Open Culture
Strangeness In The Skies
Japan Inc
Towards a Solution to the Debt Crisis in California
The State could walk away & create its own credit machine

creative prose
NAPP Newsletter
Iconoculture

Some ask me why I would want to read about all of these different subjects. I ask, "Why not?" I'm curious. It's the same as walking into a magazine shop and picking out 5-10 magazines of seemingly unrelated topics. Actually, for me part of the fun is seeing how connected many of these subjects really are. Plus, I'm led down roads and streams of thought that I could have never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment