Friday, July 10, 2009

July 8

"I'm trying to immature."

We always hear people talking about being mature or wanting to have a mature sound. Wanting more maturity in their decision making or in their work. I'm all for that. But, I'm also thinking that more of a "child-like" way of being is important in the creative process, also.

Tom Waits
I enjoyed hearing what Tom had to say about songwriting. Especially interesting to hear him say that the room is an instrument too!


Haneda Photos
Went to Haneda airport today and got some shots from the observation area on the top floor of the terminal. Kind of rainy though.







Chomsky on FinklesteinNoam Chomsky is one my very favorite writers and speakers. Here is an interesting excerpt in which he describes the "institutional control" that is prevalent in the book world.

No comments:

Post a Comment