Friday, June 5, 2009

May 28

Had a full today trying to do some things that were new and/or challenging. Amazing how we fall into routines and seem to not want to try new things.

Trumpet
Today I was reviewing the standard, "The Way You Look Tonight." Listened to Etta James, Cannonball, Blue Mitchell and Frank Sinatra versions of the tune.
"Day By Day" - was working the tune in every key. Chances are there are only a couple of keys that I will ever have to play it in but, working through the keys seems to expand the "box" that I'm in. When I do go back to those few keys that everyone plays the tune in, I feel much more free to "improvise."

Reading
Cultural Cold War - continuing to read. Today I "photo read" and did the "activation" step. If you haven't tried "Photo Reading", I highly recommend it. (pr/act)
The Bilderberg Plan for 2009: Remaking the Global Political Economy - by Andrew G. Marshall
Media Control (Chomsky) - great book! Talks a lot about the box or matrix we live in created, produced and projected by the media.


Movie
Saw "State of Play" tonight. I'm not doing book/movie reviews on this blog. I'm only interested in having the new experience. Seeing a movie that introdues me to a new idea..line of thinking...geographical location...production style...etc.

Listened
Alan Watt's "Cutting Through the Matrix" podcast - May 20
Alan Watt's "Cutting Through the Matrix" podcast - May 21

Uploaded/Edited
5/26 photos of my time in Shibuya yesterday.

Exercise
yoga, chikung, weights

Food
Ate at my favorite little neighborhood diner and tried a different fish called sanma (pike). First time for me to have sanma. My favorite is hoke but, gotta try new things!


Watched
Charlie Rose interview of architect Frank Gehry
.

No comments:

Post a Comment