Monday, June 29, 2009

June 27

Started out today with a good work-out and a productive session on the trumpet.

Art/Photography
Went to the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography to see the "To the East - Travel and Photography in the 19th Century" exhibition. Saw some amazing photos.


Yebisu Beer Museum
An interesting way to finish off a trip to the Museum of Photography is with a little trip into the Yebisu Beer Museum. It's in the same complex as the Photography Museum. It's actually quite a good museum showing the history of beer-making in Japan. I noticed that most of the people didn't seem to want to look at the displays and video monitors showing the beer-making process. When I got to the end of the tour, I found out why. There is a nice size beer tasting room with "samples" for ¥300 and free munchies. Might have to stop in there a couple more times this summer.


Photography
Had my camera with me so while I relaxed in the big open spaces outside at Yebisu Garden Place, decided to try to get a few shots. There were tons of small children there and I realized how fun it can be to try and capture their unique moments.





No comments:

Post a Comment