Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 20

Healing/Creativity
In 1992, I was on a search for healing materials (books/videos/foods/herbs/etc). I had been through 6 months of cancer surgeries and radiation treatments. I lost 50 lbs. and had no energy. I remember getting out of bed and putting on my shirt and pants and being so exhausted that I just went right back to bed. I was on a mission to find something to help me restore my energy and also to keep my mind quiet and relaxed. After a lot of searching, I found the sound table.

My table was built in California by a group of doctors who were interested in creating profound states of relaxation and healing at the cellular level in the body. They also composed/recorded music that included certain frequencies that would cause the maple frame of the table to vibrate/resonate. To lay on this table (even without the music) was such a relaxing experience. However, they built speakers into the table. Basically I was laying on the speakers (embedded into the top of the table).

I had many friends and family try the sound table and everyone was amazed at the experience. After 30 minutes on the table, I felt like I had just woken from an 8 hour sleep. It really was a profound experience. I felt like it really was a turning point in my recovery process.

My sound table is in storage at my parents house in West Virginia. I hope to bring it to Tokyo in the near future.

Now that I'm many years into the recovery process, I would continue to use the table on a daily basis if I had it in Tokyo. Because of the deep state of relaxation you can achieve, and the fact that music can be played through the table, I feel like the table is a great tool for the creative process......

No comments:

Post a Comment