Monday, June 8, 2009

June 5

Foreign Language
Although I'm far from being fluent in Japanese, I think learning a foreign language is great for creativity. Causes one to look at life from a different cultural perspective. I'm not just learning vocabulary and grammar, I'm learning a new culture. Also, as a musician I find the different rhythm and intonation of a foreign language so interesting.



Games
Board games, word games, etc. For me games seem to open new channels of thought.

Did a tour last year with 10yr old drummer "Tiger" Onitsuka (new Sony CD recording tour). "Tiger" had a soccer ball with him. So, before the gigs the band was always backstage messing with the soccer ball in the hallways. Hahaha...sometimes maybe the audience is wondering what musicians do backstage. I noticed how messing with the soccer ball really changed the vibe and seems to relax everyone.

Teaching
Teaching helps me to become a better player. Causes me to slow down and focus on some basic, fundamental things. Want to be better at something? TEACH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment