Saturday, June 6, 2009

May 31

Yesterday, I mentioned Julia Cameron's book, "the Artist's Way." She explains that once a week or so it's important to take a day or part of day and have time to explore. She calls this the Artist's Date.

Artist's Date
"The Artist Date is a once-weekly, festive, solo expedition to explore something that interests you. The Artist Date need not be overtly "artistic"-- think mischief more than mastery." - J. Cameron

Today I got on the train and went about an hour northwest of Tokyo to Kawagoe. In Kawagoe is an old historic town called "Little Edo." Spent a couple of hours walking around taking photos. I left my house around 5am. It was so great to be walking around at 6 or 6:30am taking photos with no one on the street. So peaceful. When I finished, my energy felt restored.

Here a few samples (haven't had time to edit cause I've been taking so many photos the past 2 weeks!):





No comments:

Post a Comment