Monday, June 8, 2009

June 4

Change Routes
Because I live in Tokyo and am always using the train system here, I've never felt a need for a car. Something that has been a simple and cheap thing to do to stimulate ideas is to walk different routes from my house to the train station. Improvisation in life. I've run into so many unexpected things. Sometimes I'll see a new shop that opened, a beautiful Japanese garden around someone's house, etc. Drive to work? Try some different routes and be awake. Amazing what you'll see.

Clearing
Clearing out my email account this morning. Such a good feeling to clear and make a space for something new to enter. Clearing is one of the very most powerful techniques I've used over the past 15 years to get "flow" happening. Sometimes when I feel stuck, I clear something out. It doesn't matter how small.

Photography
Working on a new photoshop technique that I learned in the new issue yesterday. It's going to take a little practice to get it together.

Lenswork Extended
I'm going through this bonus dvd that comes with each issue of the magazine. It's filled with tons of photos, folios, interviews, etc. The interviews are cool. They are discussing camera technique. It's all about the creative process.

Lenswork Podcast:
"Practice Until It's Second Nature"
May 4, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment