Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 8

Fun gig tonight at Kamome!

"The painter passes through states of fullness and of emptying. That is the whole secret of art. I take a walk in the forest of Fontainebleau. There I get an indigestion of greenness, I must empty this sensation into a picture. Green dominates in it. The painter paints as if in urgent need to discharge himself of his sensations and his visions."

Conversation with Picasso - "The Creative Process"........pg. 59


Playing that gig tonight gave me the chance "empty" a lot of things that have been building inside. Amazing how playing the horn is like therapy for me.

Had some moments tonight (I really feel is a result of doing meditation everyday) in the middle of solos when the time really seemed to slow down, even when we were playing fast tempos. I know I was having to make split-second decisions about how to proceed in the solo but, time was moving so slowly and I felt like all of these options were lined-up in front of me and that I had so much time to decide where I wanted to go in the solo. Great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment