Monday, June 8, 2009

June 2


Improvisation
Sometimes when I'm playing a solo, I visualize clouds. I'm a big fan of clouds. Hahaha...sound strange? I love looking at the shapes of clouds. So I like to imagine the shape of my melodic line in a solo to be like the outline of a cloud.

Stepped out of my house recently and saw these clouds and had to pull out the camera!


Live Music
Went to hear master trumpet player, Eddie Henderson tonight at Kamome in Yokohama. Kind of hesitated to go (Why? I don't know!) but, am so happy I went. Made me feel inspired and motivated after hearing him play. Felt full of stress today. After hearing LIVE music, no more stress. Great therapy!!! When I moved to Washington, D.C. and later to New York, I was always out listening to people playing. When I came to Tokyo I was out almost every night sitting-in or listening to other people's gigs. Lately, I've become kind of a recluse. Trying to break that cycle......



Photography
My new issue of Photoshop User magazine came in the mail today. Had a lot of time on the train go through it. Tons of great articles/info but, just looking through the magazine at so many great photos/designs gave me a lot of new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment