Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 1

New issue of LENSWORK arrived! I love to get these magazines in the mail every 2 months. Brooks Jensen has created one of the most beautiful and thought provoking magazines I've ever seen. It really is a great publication/website/bonus dvd/pdf/mp3 package.

Lenswork Website
Lenswork Current Issue

Brooks Jensen Website


Someone told me once that a good creativity exercise is to go to a magazine shop and buy a few magazines. Buy magazines that I would NEVER think of buying. The reults can really be surprising! I remember buying a tattoo magazine once. Wow! That design and artwork was beautiful! I'm not into having a tattoo myself but, that magazine really caused some inspiration at the moment.

Went to Saitama today to sit at an outdoor cafe that I enjoy. While enjoying the outdoors, i took a few photos. Looked up at 3pm and noticed the moon was just above me...in the afternoon! Also, seemed like there was a military exercise happening nearby. I saw at least 20 helicopters! I thought it was a little scary...kind of a serious tone. There were a lot of people on the street and the amazing thing to me (more than all the aircraft overhead) was that nobody looked up. The sound was ENORMOUS! It was like everyone was sleep-walking or zombie-like. Anyway a few samples:




No comments:

Post a Comment